We offer women’s strength training in North Devon designed as part of your fitness regime to help you reach your health goals.
What is it?
Resistance training is an exercise working opposing muscle pairs causing muscles to contract against external force, making them stronger as a result. This helps to build and tone muscle, helping to alter body shape in line with your personal goals.
Many women believe dieting and completing cardio exercise is the only way to reduce body fat. Strength training is just as important to burn calories more efficiently, which in turn leads to long term weight loss. Strength training also helps to preserve and enhance your muscle mass and bone mass, regardless of your age.
Strength training here at Fitin30 is incorporated into your personal programme - it's easier than you think, and you'll begin to see the benefits in no time.
What are the benefits?
- Improves toning of muscles
- Improves muscular strength and endurance
- Lowers resting heart rate
- Improves neuromuscular efficiency
- High calorie burn
- Reduced risk of osteoporosis, arthritis and back pain
- Improves bone density
- Improves posture
What resistance training will you see in our gym?
- Resistance machines such as leg curl, lat pull, chest press and leg press
- Use of free weights e.g. barbell, dumbbell and sandbags
- Strength class
- Use of resistance bands
- Kettlebells / Sandbags